Sometimes you just have to take a break from packing (ugh, so much packing) and bake 30 mini pumpkin donut mini muffins. Because why not?
I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and decided to change a few things to make them more paleo friendly. And if you’re wondering, they turned out SCRUMPTIOUS. So scrumptious that I’ll probably be begged to bake them for my family 100 times while I’m home visiting next month. But I won't be complaining about that! Nope. Here's my version:
2 1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 ground cloves
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons ghee (melted), or coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir with a fork till combined. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture in with the dry ingredients and stir well.
3. Fill each muffin cup with about a tablespoon (or a small cookie scoop) of batter. Place in the oven and bake for 15min or until muffin test comes out clean.
4. While they’re baking, melt the ghee or coconut oil in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
5. When the muffins are done, place on a wired cookie sheet to cool. Once they are cooled enough to touch, drop one in the butter/oil and then into the sugar mixture till well coated. Place on your favorite serving plate and enjoy! :)